Do you ever feel like a human balloon after eating? We’re talking bloat, stomach cramps and gas worse than a frat house after Taco Tuesday. You’re not alone—70% of people experience similar GI distress! Turns out, our eating habits aren’t the only thing impacting our guts. Our body’s sympathetic and parasympathetic states play a big role too. So, let’s chat about how to keep your belly woes at bay!
Welcome to the wild world of your body’s sympathetic state—AKA “fight or flight” mode. It’s that thrilling feeling you get when stress and anxiety rise to the surface. But did you know that it’s not just triggered by danger? Nope. You can experience it in your everyday high-stress environments… like work, for example. When the sympathetic state is activated, your body shifts gears and focuses on survival instead of digestion (uh, hello discomfort.) On the flip side, our parasympathetic state is the ever-so-dreamy “rest and digest” mode. When we’re feeling relaxed and at ease, our body can focus on breaking down and absorbing nutrients—talk about heavenly!
WHAT IS MEAL HYGIENE?
If you’re one of those people who regularly suffer from wonky digestion, it’s time to take your meal hygiene seriously. We’re not talking about scrubbing your plates and utensils with disinfectant. Meal hygiene is simply about adopting healthier eating habits that benefit your digestion and overall wellness. But where to begin? It all starts with a little self-check before you chow down on that bougie sandwich from Wholefoods. So sit tight and check out these five tips to level up your mealtime hygiene game.
LEVEL-UP YOUR MEAL-TIME HYGIENE
- Slow your roll: Take your time to chew your food properly and enjoy all the flavor! This will help signal to your body that it’s time to digest.
- Ditch those distractions: Put away any distractions (like your phone or the TV) during meal times. Focus solely on your meal and the experience of eating.
- Avoid overeating: Listen to your body’s hunger cues. Be mindful of how you’re feeling and stop eating when you feel comfortably full. Overeating can lead to digestive issues like bloating and heartburn.
- Drink plenty of H2O: Water is crucial for healthy digestion. Aim for at least eight glasses of water a day to help keep things flowing smoothly.
- Eat the rainbow: Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins in your diet to ensure you are getting all the necessary nutrients for optimal digestion.
SUPPORT YOUR DIGESTIVE HEALTH AND REGULARITY WITH A PROBIOTIC
While these tips are great for improving your meal hygiene and digestion, sometimes our bodies need a little extra support. That’s where Jetson’s Digest probiotic comes in. Our probiotic supplement is specially formulated with bacteria strains like L. rhamnosus GG and Bacillus subtilis DE111Ⓡ to help support digestion, regularity, and overall gut health.
Next time you’re struggling with digestive discomfort, check your meal hygiene habits and give Jetson’s Digest probiotic a try. Your gut will thank you!
WOW! JUST WOW! IT WORKS!
I have tried and researched every product, gummy, pill & probiotic under the sun…THIS DIGEST PROBIOTIC WORKS!!! If I have a flare up, my stomach literally looks 6-8 months pregnant, zero exaggeration. Thank you Jetson for saving me!